When you aren't in the classroom, collaborating with your team on a project, or gaining real-world experience at your internship or job, an easy and accessible way to garner inspiration and insight on the world of business is by tuning into a relevant podcast. Below, you'll find a list of ten titles that all prospective MBA students will find inspirational—throughout the application process, on your commute to campus, and well into your business career.
1. The $100 MBA Show. "Awarded as an iTunes Best of 2014 podcast, these no fluff, 10-minute episodes are packed with only the pure business training you want."
2. Business, Life, & Coffee. "Joey Price, CEO of Jumpstart:HR, LLC sits down with business leaders across all disciplines to discuss topics that impact our businesses and life. Marketing, finances, mentorship, leadership development and HR are just a few of the topics we discuss on the podcast."
3. Entrepreneur on Fire. "All in all, EOFire is about inspiring you to take your entrepreneurial leap. We know that by learning from the failures, the AH-HA moments, and the successes of others, you can begin to craft your dream and take inspired action."
4. TedTalks Business. "Some of the world's greatest innovators, entrepreneurs, and business researchers share their stories and insights from the stage at TED conferences, TEDx events, and partner events around the world."
5. Planet Money. "Money makes the world go around, faster and faster every day. On NPR's Planet Money, you'll meet high rollers, brainy economists, and regular folks—all trying to make sense of our rapidly changing global economy."
6. Dose of Leadership. "The ultimate leadership resource of inspiring and educational interviews with relevant and motivating leaders; real-life leadership and influence experts who dedicate their lives to the pursuit of the truth, common sense, and courageous leadership."
7. This Week In Startups. "Calacanis, a podcasting pioneer, gives you an insider's look at what's happening in the tech industry with his trademark blunt style and good humor. Looking to start your own company? Need strategies for improving your business of motivating your team? Just want to catch up on what's happening in Silicon Valley and beyond? Your journey begins here."
8. The Tim Ferriss Show. "Tim Ferriss is a self-experimenter and bestselling author, best known for The 4-Hour Workweek, which has been translated into 40+ languages ... In this show, he deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, chess, pro sports, etc.), digging deep to find the tools, tactics, and tricks that listeners can use."
9. Tropical MBA. "Dedicated to the growing movement of location independent entrepreneurs worldwide ... Although creating generational wealth is very often the result of these enterprises, the mindset of the TMBA community is, as one reader put it, to 'create more value than you capture.'"
10. EntreLeadership. "Hosted by Ken Coleman, the EntreLeadership Podcast features lively discussions and tips on leadership and business by some of the top minds in the business, like Mark Cuban, Seth Godin, Jim Collins, and Simon Sinek."
Take the next step toward making your mark in business. Access the BC MBA application below.