Whether you are embarking on your own MBA program this fall or just looking to stay updated on the ever-evolving world of business, podcasts are quickly becoming an easy and convenient way to do so. Our Admissions Team is excited to share an updated version of our last podcasts post with some classics, as well as a new lineup of the best podcasts to listen to for business. Let our team know what you think- happy listening!
1. How I Built This. "A podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built. Each episode is a narrative journey marked by triumphs, failures, serendipity, and insight- told by the founders of some of the world's best known companies and brands. If you've ever build something from nothing, something you really care about- or even just dream about it- check out How I Built This hosted by Guy Raz." Follow the show @HowIBuiltThis
2. This Week in Startups. "Jason Calacanis and a rotating group of guest experts bring you this weekly take on the best, worst, most outrageous and interesting stories from the world of entrepreneurship." Follow the show @TWistartups
4. The Twenty Minute VC. "The Twenty Minute VC takes you inside the world of Venture Capital, Startup Funding and The Pitch. Join our host, Harry Stebbings and discover how you can attain funding for your business by listening to what the most prominent investors are directly looking for in startups, providing easily actionable tips and tricks that can be put in place to increase your chances of getting funded."
5. HubSpot's The Growth Show. "The Growth Show is a podcast for executives and entrepreneurs that shares stories on what it's really like to grow a business, a movement, an idea, or a team. Each week, we sit down with someone who has achieved remarkable growth and unpack how they did it."
6. Planet Money."The economy, explained, with stories and surprises. Imagine you could call up a friend and say, 'Meet me at the bar and tell me what's going on with the economy.' Now imagining that's actually a fun evening. That's what we're going for at Planet Money. People seem to like it." Follow the show @PlanetMoney
7. TedTalks Business. "A collection of TED Talks (and more) on the topic of business."
8. EntrepreneurOnFire. "Awarded 'Best of iTunes,' EOFire is a 7-day a week Podcast where John Lee Dumas chats with today's most successful Entrepreneurs. Pat Flynn, Seth Godin, Tim Ferriss, Tony Robbins, and Gary Vaynerchuk are just 5 of the over 1400 interviews to date. EOFire was created for YOU, the Entrepreneur, Side-Preneur, Solo-Preneur, and Small Business Owner. If you're looking for ACTIONABLE advice during your daily commute, workout, or 'me' time, JLD brings the HEAT."
9. Tim Ferriss Show. "Tim Ferriss is a self-experimenter and bestselling author, best known for The 4-Hour Workweek, which has been translated into 40+ languages. Newsweek calls him 'the world's best human guinea pig,' and The New York Times calls him 'a cross between Jack Welch and a Buddhist monk.' In this show, he deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, chess, pro sports, etc.), digging deep to find the tools, tactics, and tricks that listeners can use."
10. The $100 MBA Show. "Awarded Best of iTunes, The $100 MBA Show is a new kind of podcast where you simply get better at business with our practical business lessons for the real world. These no fluff episodes are packed with only the pure business building training that you want. Omar Zenhom (@TheOmarZenhom) shares some of the best lessons, concepts, examples, and insights from inside The $100 MBA training and community. Omar also calls upon some of the industry's top experts as guest teachers on the show. Again, no backstories or promotions, just solid business lessons from the best in the game."